Illinois State Emerging Leaders Team
Illinois Emerging Leaders will have the opportunity to develop leadership skills as they work alongside the WMU Executive Director and Student Consultant as they plan AWSOM and summer camp activities. Their insight is valuable in keeping these events relevant and exciting for our Acteen groups across the state. To become part of the Illinois State Emerging Leaders Team, a student must fill out the application below and request their references to provide a letter of recommendation.
Application for Emerging Leaders Team
Qualifications for Emerging Leaders:
- Active in church Acteens organization
- Living a missions lifestyle
- Ability to communicate clearly what Acteens and missions is about
- Be comfortable talking about Acteens, WMU, ministry projects, camp, etc.
- Complete a level of Missions Quest the year you serve on the team
- Serve on planning team
- Available to speak in churches and associations
- Ability to help start new Acteens groups
- Ability to represent Illinois Acteens effectively
- Mature, responsible, enthusiastic
- Relates well with peers and adults
- Well-rounded - active in a variety of activities in school, community and church
- Available to travel
- Willing to speak out in a group setting. Open to share ideas and opinions.
- Willing to work/volunteer without having to be coaxed or pushed.
- Attend confereces, seminars and other work sites when assigned
- Have an outgoing heart for God and missions.
Last Published: July 9, 2012 5:23 PM