Internship Program Overview
Streator Baptist Camp is a 165-acre camp and retreat space that hosts over 1000 campers a year through events held on campus. This Internship Program is designed to give individuals firsthand ministry experience. Interns will gain experience working with individuals of all ages from churches across the state of Illinois. Learn how to lead and work with volunteer teams. As well as take part in events and recreation activities. This internship is ideal for college students who are seeking purpose and practical application in a church ministry. We are excited to welcome your application to our internship program, and if accepted, we pray that this experience will be beneficial in your future endeavors in ministry and the marketplace.
Streator Baptist Camp is happy to offer 4 internship tracks for our applicants. These tracks are designed to give the interns an opportunity to gain experience in their chosen track. For more information about these tracks click on the headings below.
- 18 years old or older
- Must have graduated from high school at the start of the internship
- Be a born again Christian and living a Christian lifestyle
- Applicants must also be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Support the vision and mission of Streator Baptist Camp.
Housing and Meals:
Interns will be housed at the camp in one of our privet rooms. Interns will share a room with interns of the same gender with exception of married couples interning with us. Three meals a day will be provided. You also have space to provide your own food and cook for yourself as desired.
- Is the internship a paid position? Unfortunately this not a paid internship.
- When will I hear from someone after applying? You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting your application.
- Is there an interview process? Yes, interns are required to take part in an online interview. If that method is not possible, other options may be considered.
- What if I have a family event scheduled over the summer? We are happy to work with our interns schedules, but we do ask that interns try be a part of the full 10 week internship.
- Are there any other benefits that the camp offers in interns? Yes, on top of room and board, multiple educational experiences, and ministry experience we are also offering our interns a $1,500 scholarship that can be used for any needs that an intern might have as a student. This could be books, meals, cell phone bills, computer for school, and so on. (This can be paid out as 2 payments of $750 at the end of June and the end of the internship or 1 payment of $1,500 at the end of the internship)