2024 Summer Camp Staff
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as a Summer Camp Staff at Streator Baptist Camp. Below you will find information about the expectations for our staff and their general responsibilities.
If you have any questions contact The camp manager Jacob Kimbrough at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by following the link Apply Here!
Summer Staff Wages and Benefits:
- $4,000 (Before taxes) paid over the 10 week summer. Paychecks are paid out on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Housing on campus provided
- All meals Monday-Friday are provided, and any meals cooked by the camp on weekends will be provided.
- Each staff gets 2 canteen items during canteen times at no cost.
- Each staff will be provided with 3 Streator camp staff shirts.
- Bonus Pay for summer staff that have a currant Red Cross Lifeguard License.
Summer Staff Expectations:
- Summer Staff must be active, immersed Christians.
- Summer Staff must have read and agreed to comply with the Baptist Faith and Message
- Summer Staff must take and pass the Ministry Safe Training Class and agree to do fulfil their work responsibilities accordingly. (Class provided on first day)
- Summer Staff must fill out and pass a ministry background check.
- Summer Staff are expected to abide by the Streator Baptist Camp Rules.
- Recreation: Each summer staff will be trained on camp run recreation activities and will be responsible for leading that event during scheduled times.
- Meal Prep: Each summer staff will be assigned one meal to assist in the preparation and cooking for that meal each day. (We typically cook 5 out of 10 weeks.
- Meal Serving and clean up: Each time meals are served camp staff will be responsible for assisting in the serving of food, and with dishes and clean up after meals.
- Custodial Work: Summer staff will be responsible for checking supplies in bathrooms and trash once per day. In between groups staff will assist in the clean-up and turnover of buildings to prepare for the next group/camp.
- Groundskeeping: Each staff will assist in grounds keeping as needed. This could include, pulling weeds, mowing, weed eating, maintaining trails, watering flowers and so on.
- Other responsibilities: Summer staff will occasionally be asked to help set up campfires, serve in the snack shack, serve on hayrides, and assist with boats/fishing or trial hikes.
- Summer Staff housing is provided as part of your employment. Staff will have roommates that are the also staffers of the same gender in private staff quarters. These rooms have beds, private restrooms, fridge, microwave, and a tv. Staff will also have access to a kitchen and laundry services as needed.
- Staff are expected to keep living area neat and clean.
- Camp housing is for camp staff only.
- Men are to only be in the men’s summer staff housing and women are only to be in the women’s summer staff housing.
General Summer Staff Guidelines
Streator Baptist Camp Summer workers will share in the maintenance, and service responsibilities of the camp starting on May 28th and ending on August 4th, 2024. Summer staff have the option to come a week early and stay a week late as volunteers but pay is only for May 28th-August 4th.
- Summer Staff are expected to be on time each day, dressed appropriately, respond quickly to texts and phone calls, and attend weekly devotionals with camp staff.
- Our focus is to be ‘Servants of Christ’. You are expected to be courteous and Christ-like in your interaction with our guests, campers and faculty.
- You will be given regular time-off in rotating order if available: which may be transferred among you to fit your summer schedules.
- If summer staff need time away from the camp for family events or other summer activities, they will need to talk to the camp manager.
- Staff are encouraged to attend church on Sundays, and camp worship services as possible.