You can lead the Offering & Week of Prayer using your MIO Kit in 10 Simple Steps
1. Recruit leaders. Share these materials with your team. Look for the MIO kit in your church office. Share the materials with your team.
2. Download fresh ideas. Stir your team’s creativity with resources for worship, prayer, or missions events. IBSA.org/MIO
3. Save the date. Many churches will use September 14-21.
4. Set the goal. The need is greater than ever. Consider $10 per resident member, or 10% above last year’s offering. The statewide goal is $475,000.
5. Publicize, publicize. Starting four weeks before the offering, in bulletins, newsletters, e-mail, and with posters.
6. Get social media talking. Post the Promo Video on your Facebook page, tweet it, show it in worship.
7. Show the videos. Use one per week in several worship services, or plan one big mission study event and show all the videos.
8. Pray. Pray in worship services. Plan a special prayer meeting for Illinois missions. Encourage attenders to use the printed MIO Prayer Guide.
9. Distribute the MIO Prayer Guide and offering envelopes on the first Sunday of the emphasis week. To order additional envelopes e-mail MissionIllinois@IBSA.org.
10. Collect the offering. And keep on until you surpass your goal.